By| Published: January 6th, 2016
Turmeric adds colour, flavour and health to every meal. Used for centuries in Ayurveda and Chinese medicine, this incredible spice has now carved a niche for itself in Western medicine as well.
This herb offers a number of health benefits ranging from anti-inflammatory and antioxidant to antiseptic. All these can be attributed to curcumin, a compound that give turmeric its bright colour.
Effects of Turmeric
- Curbs the symptoms of indigestion
- Alleviates an upset stomach, bloating, gas and IBS
- Reduces heartburn
- Promotes heart health
- Lowers risk of heart attacks and strokes
- Delays the onset of type II diabetes
- Reduces joint pain in osteoarthritis
- Improves brain function
- Fights cancer (prostate, skin, colon, head and neck)
- Boosts the effects of chemotherapy
Mild in taste and inexpensive, adding this powerful spice to your diet can be one of the best things you can for optimal health.