By| Published: August 12th, 2017
Connect yourself to Lord Shiva and cosmic energy by practicing Natrajasana
Lord of the dance pose in its full expression resembles the dancing image of Lord Shiva and hence the Sanskrit name Natrajasana where ‘Nata’ means dance, ‘Raja’ means king and ‘Asana’ means seat or pose. When performed with dedication and concentration, this pose has the power to connect you to cosmic energy. Being a bit difficult pose, beginners should be careful while balancing and lifting the leg to prevent cramp at the back of the thigh.
Body Parts at Work
The balancing pose puts shoulders, chest, thighs, groins, abdomen, legs and ankles at work
Calms the mind, relieves stress, and improves focus and concentration
- Gives the shoulders, chest, thighs, groins, and abdomen a good stretch
- The balancing act not only improves the balance but also strengthens the legs and ankles
- On regular practice, this pose helps to reduce weight
- Massages the abdominal organs and improves digestion
- Relieves stress, calms the mind, and improves concentration
To reap benefits, this pose should be incorporated into daily routine. However, always practice under the guidance of a certified Yoga Practitioner and avoid if you have low blood pressure and ankle or any leg injury.