By| Published: April 5th, 2016
Here are a few healthy eating suggestions followed by a list of unhealthy habits that you need to avoid:
Healthy Eating Habits:
Pick foods per the season & your constitution
- Each of us has a specific body type, which is why you should eat only those foods that nourish your doshas.
- Avoid incompatible food combinations.
Know when you are thirsty & hungry
- Don’t drink until you feel thirsty and don’t eat unless you feel hungry.
- Doing either one instead of what your body needs is unhealthy.
- Drinking liquids dissolves the digestive enzymes and reduces your gastric power when you are hungry and not thirsty.
Good food habits
- When you eat, sit – don’t stand. Don’t read, watch TV or talk too much. Focus only on the food that is on your plate.
- Chew your food well as this stimulates the digestive enzymes in the mouth to work well. Don’t gobble your food. Eat at a moderate pace.
- Fill 1/3 of your stomach with water, 1/3 with food and leave 1/3 empty.
- Avoid snacking between meals, emotional eating and overeating.
Unhealthy Eating Habits to Avoid:
- Don’t drink iced drinks or fruit juice or eat fruits during meals. Sip a little warm water between mouthfuls of food.
- Don’t overeat. It expands the stomach and also creates toxins in the digestive tract.
- Don’t drink too much water, or no water, during a meal.
- Don’t eat too soon after a full meal.
- Don’t eat at the wrong time of day – either too early or too late.
- Don’t eat food that is too heavy food or too little light.
- How you eat is as important as what you eat!