By| Published: July 21st, 2016
Though colorless, cauliflower is an exception to the rule ‘the more colourful, the healthier.’ It is naturally high in both fiber and B-complex vitamins.
Cauliflower ranks among the top 20 healthiest foods in the world.One cup of chopped raw cauliflower (107 grams) contains 27 calories, 2 grams of protein, 0.3 grams of fat, and 5 grams of carbohydrate (including 2.1 grams of fiber and 2 grams of sugar).
- Sulforaphane compound reduces the risk of colon and lung cancer
- Decreases the risk of inflammation-related conditions such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes and obesity
- High fiber content prevents constipation, lowers blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Choline helps with sleep, muscle movement, learning and memory
- High vitamin K content reduces the risk of bone fracture and osteoporosis
- Significantly lowers the risk of developing coronary heart disease and suffering from a stroke and hypertension
- Make pizza crust out of cauliflower
- A hot soup with cauliflower is a healthy soup
- Make a curry with cauliflower and spices
High fiber foods like cauliflower cause flatulence and bloating. Additionally, people who are taking blood-thinners need to be careful with high vitamin K sources since they play a large role in blood clotting.